Saturday, June 30, 2007

8193 trick

My Pansat 3500 sd has a problem... for some reason I can't make it go between audio and radio when I hit the satellite audio/radio button. In reading some forums and discussion groups on satellite fta reception... I discovered that 8193 is a great video pid that you can scan in for transponders that are solely for satellite radio, and aren't suppossed to really have a video pid. What this does is it fools the fta receiver in to thinking there's something on the video side when there isn't really... and thereby causes it to load the radio channel with no video in to your video channel list instead of your audio channel list... which means you can flip to a radio station on your receiver without having to hit that audio/radio button on your remote, and it just shows up as a normal tv station in the list! For people like me who have broken receivers that have problems going between audio and radio lists this is awesome. This is also a neat trick for any lazy fta reciever owners who have fine working recievers but don't want to have to constantly hit that audio/radio button to jump between audio and radio satellite reception! I'm posting this here because this is a little known secret that a lot of folks who might be first time receiver owners (like me) probably don't know about...

No comments: